Job posting dated March 16, 2019
Temple Hill United Church has a vacancy and is looking for someone to provide part-time ministry.
We are currently being served by an interim minister, but we are rebuilding and ready for the next stage in our journey. We are working on our profile and our faith journey description, but we would be interested in talking with you if any of these apply:
– You are a candidate for the ministry interested in providing weekend supply while you are studying;
– You are retiring to our area and want to work with a small, vibrant congregation;
– You are a designated lay minister or bi-vocational minister who has other employment; or
– You are inspired and interested in working with other churches in our region to create a larger area ministry to meet the needs of several smaller churches who seek ministerial leadership and are finding it difficult to find the right people.
Temple Hill United Church is located in a beautiful rural area of the former township of Euphrasia. Situated at over 400 m elevation, this area is part of the Ontario snow belt region. The landscape is characterized by rolling hills, interspersed by small forests, rivers and waterfalls. The community consists primarily of farmers operating family farms, rural residents, and a growing number of weekenders and retirees from Ontario urban areas.
Temple Hill United Church is part of the community of Rocklyn, Ontario, which recently won a Here’s to Hometowns $50,000 giveaway from Pioneer for showing incredible hometown spirit. Their winning video entry and project is entitled “Granny Should Have Shown You How” and can be viewed at: Granny Should Have Shown You How.
Temple Hill United Church is located in Grey County, in the middle of everywhere! We are:
– On the Niagara Escarpment and minutes from the Bruce Trail;
– 15 minutes from the Georgian Bay (Meaford and Thornbury);
– 15 minutes from the Beaver Valley Ski Club and the Blue Mountains ski resorts;
– 30 minutes from Collingwood and Owen Sound;
– Within a 2 hour-drive from Mississauga, Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo and Barrie.
For further information about the Grey County, check out https://www.visitgrey.ca/ .
Direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org